Monday, February 22, 2016

GTKM: 10...

Monday, Monday...

You're going to have that song stuck in your head all day long, now. So sorry. Sort of.

Today's question is:

What is the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?

Well, since I have neither, I'll go with my living room window.

Trees. And a train occasionally. Apparently, when I was a baby, we lived near train tracks in Illinois. My first words were "Choo-choo". I have no memory, as we moved into our house when I was three, I think. Who knows.

Anyway, we live near train tracks in my town. It doesn't matter where you are in this town, though, as you can hear that whistle blow. I don't mind, but sometimes it seems like that engineer is being a jerk with those blasts. Then there was the one that played "Jingle Bells" at Christmas. I only heard that once. I hope he didn't get in trouble.

How about you, what is interesting out your windows?

3 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

A train would be cool and I guess you get used to the sound of it.

Outside my office window I see the houses across the street from me and the street below. I don't look out this window much.

On the other side of my house where the kitchen window is, beyond my own backyard I see a main street and a shopping center across that street. Right on the end of that center there is a burger restaurant. Sometimes I like to look out to check out the traffic or see how many people are eating at the burger joint. Before the shopping center was built there was a period when I could see in the distance the mountain with the Hollywood sign on it and the big buildings in downtown L.A. I'm glad they build the shopping center though because it's nice to have the shopping and the restaurants to eat in.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Roland Clarke said...

My wife and I are lucky here in North Wales as our office view - over the neighbour's house below us - is of the mountains, specifically Snowdon. If we peer a bit, there are glimpses of the estuary leading into Cardigan Bay, plus Portmeirion, where the classic TV series 'The Prisoner' was located/filmed.

Sadly, we will moving to the US in September - IF all goes to plan - so will lose this view. But we aim to have a good one there. Mountains? Trees?

Mel Chesley said...

Sounds like a good view for people watching, Arlee. :D

Roland, that must be an impressive view. Sad you have to leave it. Good luck with your move, if it happens. I hope for a spectacular view in your future home.