Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Seriously...






I saw this on Facebook. And suddenly I had to share.

I tend to joke about how my characters keep me awake. The voices in my head. Getting stuck on plot points. All of it. But where would I be without writing?

Probably in a padded cell.

Writing has helped me in so many, many ways.

It's helped me find an outlet for my crazy imagination.

It's helped me through depression and anxiety.

It's helped me find an amazing group of friends and warm community.

Writing has taught me a lot about myself. I mean a LOT.

I don't think I've ever had a moment of bravery (up until we moved to Washington) before. It was a brave thing to actually release my book out into the world. It's a brave thing to face the reviews you get. Which, some of them aren't going to be nice. You have to be prepared for that. I was posting on here recently about my dealings with bad reviews.

So yeah, in a way, my book wrote me. I've changed, I've grown. I'm a heck of a lot more confident.

Even though it sounds odd, thanks, book. For all you've done.

2 comments:

ELAdams said...

Love this post! I owe so much to writing and it's had such an impact on my life, in many of the same ways you mentioned. It's such a brave thing to do, putting your book out into the world! :)

Mel Chesley said...

I agree, Emma. :D