Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Writing Wednesday...

Happy 12/12/12!! This won't be happening again until the year 2112, so enjoy it now!

Well, lots of the world building stuff is basically done. I can go back and discuss more things in detail should the need arise.

Today, though, I've gotta put out to the webiverse a huge thank you. Not just to all the people who support me and have supported me since I began this writing journey, but also back to high school English teachers who saw my potential then. Where ever you may be now, I hope you know what's in my heart.

I'm sorry I didn't listen! I was a dumb, self absorbed teenager. What can I say?

While I failed English repeatedly in high school, I obviously passed at some point. Even though it was with a low grade. I understand the English language, but some of it just doesn't make sense and I was born and raised in the U.S. Warped as the language is, I still get it. Some of it still eludes me, but for the most part I listen to my  instincts. That's what an editor is for, right? Throw erasers later!

But I had a couple of teachers who saw the potential and eventually knew what to expect from writing assignments. Boy, did they wear out their red correction pens! They pushed me to be better, just like my beta readers and friends do now.

So at the risk of blabbing on about my book all freakin' week long (OMG!) I just want to get that out there. And don't forget, the giveaway will be ending on the 17th. Click here to get your entries in to win some of these awesome books! Not just mine. Hehe!

All right then! I'm taking suggestions for my Writing Wednesday blogs. I prefer to stick to fantasy and world building topics but I will talk about anything. Obviously.

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If those teachers could only see you now...

Mel Chesley said...

I know! It's been so long, I bet a few are still teaching. Haha! I feel for their students if they are. :D

jual baju muslim murah said...

Very interesting... I really like it... Thank you so much...

Unknown said...

You should swing by and surprise your old teachers with a copy of your book and say "Ha! Check that out!"

Jamie

Misha Gerrick said...

Jamie has an awesome idea! Sign the books, even. :-D

Mel Chesley said...

That is an awesome idea!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Ha, wouldn't it be good if we actually listened when we were teens? ;)