Sunday, December 4, 2011

Promised Pics...


So I promised you all some pics awhile back. I wanted to finally post them up here and share, so here you go!

To the left you'll see the cool hourglass my kids got me for my birthday.


In the middle here is the view from my new house. I took this pic while standing in the sun room and looking out the window. Notice the moose if you look closely! Sadly, he has Christmas lights tangled in his antlers. Didn't seem to bother him, but maybe the other moose were making fun of him...



And the next one here is the cool little niche in my house where my bookcase resides at the moment. (Ignore the mess!)It will soon be my cool little writing area. My husband is going to build me a desk and then to make sure company doesn't see my huge mess, we're going to build a nice folding screen that I can decorate. That way my area will be hidden from sight and private enough for me to hide behind and write!

And finally, the one on the left I took while the leaves were changing color. We were driving by the lake in town where all the float planes land and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. Especially seeing the way the clouds were reflected in the water.

So there are the pics I promised. I like to share Alaska when I can. Oh! And I will share one last one. This one is of my kitty, Gir, acting like a bibliocat and perching on my bookcase as if she were the Queen of the Paperbacks. She's so cute!



Hope you all had a great weekend and have an awesome Monday.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Lovely pics - it looks so beautiful there! And your kitty is seriously cute!
Lx
ps am very jealous of your soon-to-be desk!

Jamie Gibbs said...

Very nice photos. I need to get me a writing area ... and more bookcases...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I want your view!
And has Gir been helping with the unpacking?

Mel Chesley said...

I can't wait to get my desk in my little spot, it's going to be nice.

Bookcases are essential, Jamie!

And yes, Alex, Gir helped me...hence the mess. She helps me clean, she helps me fold laundry (by snagging it with her claws as I pull it away) and lots of other things too. :D

Mary Aalgaard said...

Your cat is such a poser. Awesome photos!