Thursday, September 1, 2011

Getting Close...

So I'm getting close to closing in on my final word count. I'm getting excited to show my beta readers the changes I've made, the couple of additions I have put in. I'm hoping the feedback is good. I'm sure it still needs work. I think the over all flow of it has improved, though.

I'll have to give it a good once over, because as well all know, spell check doesn't catch correctly spelled words used in the wrong context. Are/our, heed/head... yeah. Those.

I am getting nervous about working on the query, the long synopsis...

Okay. Not nervous.

Scared. As. Hell.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

What do you do to calm the nerves, ease the mind while querying? Do you work on something else? Do you bite your nails? Call people names?

Tell me what you do!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I play guitar. And blog!

Jamie Gibbs said...

Let your frustrations and anxieties out via the blog o sphere (and sign up to Alex's Insecure Writer's group for next wednesday :D). I tend to do some origami or something that is relaxing but also gives me full use of my hands to occupy myself. It's a hell of a lot of fun too!

Mel Chesley said...

Nice, Alex. :D

And Jamie I did sign up!! I'm all set. And I love origami! I taught some kids at the boys and girls club during arts and crafts how to do some origami. LOVE it. :D

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I dive into the next book and keep moving forward.