Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

So I thought I would start doing something fun for Fridays. Everyone else does. :D

I figure I will list my favorite authors/books, movies and music. I'll also be throwing in some fantasy artwork and just to make you giggle (cause I LOVE to hear you giggle...) a funny.

Favorite authors/books:

I have to go with David and Leigh Eddings at the moment. I absolutely LOVED every single one of the books in 'The Belgariad' and 'The Mallorean' series. I'm currently reading 'The Redemption of Althalus' and can I just tell you... it is EPIC. This is the kind of writing I love. I love all of the characters that come out of their imaginations, I feel so connected to them and there is usually a dozen or so linked with the MC's that, if they weren't there, the book would be boring and flat. But the fact that they can tell a story with so many characters... that is what my writing is like and I can only dream of pulling it off as well as they do.

Favorite movies:

I'm a sucker for a good movie. Now, I am not all about the chick flicks even though I do watch them once in awhile to purge my system of old tears that need to be shed so I can have new tears form...
I love action, adventure, thriller, HORROR! and all sorts of movies. Recommend a good movie and I'll watch it. So far, my current favorite is 'RED' with Bruce Willis. The whole freakin' cast just cracks me up. I love the movie, I love the effects! My favorite line from the movie is after Bruce's character asks John Malkovich's character if he feels better (near the end) and John's character says, "Yeah. Wanna go get pancakes?" (after just killing a guy!) Hilarious!! I love it. I think that is how I would be... lol! ::coughs and looks innocent::

Favorite music:

I have always been a super huge fan of Queensryche. Yep... Operation Mindcrime, Empire... I love Geoff Tate's voice. I'm so glad he didn't go opera. Don't get me wrong, I love opera, but he's better suited for Rock.

Now for some fantasy artwork: (I seriously need to remember what sites I get these off of... I just pull off the pretty ones. ;)



And of course I have to give you the 'geeky' funny:

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mindcrime is a masterpiece!!!
And RED was a fun movie.

Mel Chesley said...

I agree!!
And RED... what can I say. No one moves like Bruce. XD