Friday, September 3, 2010

Party On, Wayne...


So yeah, I just got done checking out Karen G.'s BBQ Blog Party. Can I just say what a totally awesome idea this is?? I found lots of people and will have to go back to that one blog to see who else I can find and follow.

If you found me from her party, well right on dude! Or dudette, depending. Very cool to have you drop by! I love new followers and will do my best to make sure I follow your blog as well. Only fair, right? Absolutely!

So, I brought Seven Layer Dip to the party as well as Ham Rolls. Since I really don't have much else to blog about today, I figured, for those of you who don't know how to make either (yeah right) I'll tell ya.

Seven Layer Dip:
My absolute FAVE thing in the world!!! Okay, you plop some refried beans down into a nice sized casserole dish. Square, round, whatever you have. On top of that, spread down some sour cream. I find Darigold Mexican Style is the bomb-diggity for this recipe. If you are a guacamole fan, that would go next, or you can skip it. I am not a guacamole fan. Next, dice some tomatoes and layer them down. Slice some green onions, kind of thin and add those along with sliced black olives. The very last layer is your choice of shredded cheese. Break out the tortilla chips and dig in!

Ham Rolls:
These are super simple and oh, so addictive! So, you buy some sliced ham luncheon meat and soften up some cream cheese. Buy yourself a half dozen green onions and chop them to fit the width of the ham. Spread the cream cheese on the ham in a thin layer and roll the onion into the ham. Make a nice round roll and slice about a half inch thick. One ham roll like this should slice up into about 6. They are oooooh so yummy.

So there ya go. Bring either of those to any party and you'll never go home with left overs. So make sure you make enough for yourself and bring the rest to the party. Ha!

Have a super weekend everyone and I'll see you on Tuesday.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Seven layer dip... mmmm...

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I love 7 layer dip!! I'm glad you joined the party, so I could follow you back :) I look forward to visiting your blog again!

catdownunder said...

Purrowling in from Karen's BBQ - and yes I have wiped the cream cheese from my paws!

N. R. Williams said...

Both recipes sound yummy. I hate to cook, used to love to, I don't know what happened. I think a lot of dishes maybe. Anyway, these sound simple to make.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Nicole said...

Just popped over from Karen's BBQ and yeah it's an awesome idea! Nice to meet you :)

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Simon Kewin said...

Hi,

Just came on over in the aftermath of Karen's BBQ party! Hi. Love the blog, am now following. Great to find another fantasy writer.

Melissa Cunningham said...

I loved it too! Can't believe I wasn't already following you! Come to my blog if you haven't yet!