Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Are You Cool or What...

You. All of you. You know who you are, the ones who follow my blog. The ones who've entered the contest Spring Into Reading! Even if you haven't entered, you're still cool.

There's lots of bloggly love floatin' around in the blogosphere lately! We're all finally catching our breath and relaxing after our April Challenge.

First, let me shamelessly plug the contest my sister in law and I are holding. Click here if you haven't checked it out already.

And another shameless plug for Jessica a.k.a. The Alliterative Allomorph. She's having an awesome contest as well!
Okay, now that those plugs are out of the way, I have some awards to pass on. Those. Are ALWAYS fun!
Okay here we go:
I got this award from Beth at Beth: A Work In Progress. Just in case you didn't know, she's moved her blog. I have to say, I'm a little overwhelmed sometimes about the nice things she says about me. Beth and a few others are just great. Even though I am a writer, sometimes I even can't find the words to express my appreciation and gratitude for you, my newfound friends. :DBeth tagged quite a few of the same people I would have tagged, so I will do my best to spread the joy. It is difficult to pick sometimes, because you all bring in the Sunshine.

Jessica ~ The Alliterative Allomorph
Melissa ~ Writing Realities
Watery Tart ~ Confessions of a Watery Tart
Elizabeth ~ Elizabeth Mueller
Samuel Park ~ Samuel Park's Daily Pep for Writers (you have NO idea how much Sunshine he puts in my life, lol!)
Mary ~ Mary McDonald Has The Write Stuff!
Gah, I have to stop or I will add my entire blog list!

Next from Creepy Query Girl (I love her, lol!) I got this:

And I'll pass that on to:

Summer
Megan Rebekah
C. Michelle Jeffries
Michelle McLean
B. Miller
C. K. Bryant

And last, but certainly not least... Talli tagged me with the 5 Questions with 5 Answers.

So here we go:

1) Where were you 5 years ago?
In Tucson, Arizona.
In an apartment (that I couldn't stand)
Volunteering at the Valley of the Moon
Hanging out at Fighter Practice (SCA stuff)
Helping my mom arrange her living room

2) Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
Published!
On N.Y. Times Best Seller List
Living in my own home here in Alaska
Traveling down in Arizona
Going to Estrella War (SCA stuff again)

3) What is (was) your to-do list today?
Sleep
Do laundry
Write
Clean out a summer rental
Pick up hubby from work

4) What 5 snacks do you enjoy?
Chocolate
Cheezits
Fresh fruit
Chocolate
Ice cream

5) What 5 things would you do if you were a billionaire?
Go to Pennsic War (SCA...lol!)
Travel the world with my kids
Set up trust funds for my whole family
Donate to several charities
Help out friends

There's more things I would do with money than just those five...but oh well! Now...who to tag, I have to tag 5 of you!

Cheri
Box o'Whine
Beth
Beth Revis
AchingHope

Alrighty folks, there you have it! Hope you are all having an awesome week. I'm feeling better, I just wish the cough would go away. Far away. To Timbuktu! Okay, maybe not that far...but it would be nice. :D

3 comments:

Beth said...

LOL ... Hope the fact that you are and writing gy-normous blog posts means that you are feeling better!

Thanks for the invite to Alaska! I may just do it one of these days! I've always wanted to see it.

As for the Fun5 or whatever it's called ... I've done it once already this week! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

UP and writing

I think way faster than I type!

Mel Chesley said...

That's okay. Hold on to it when you feel like having a little fun. ;)
And yes, thanks, I am feeling better. And I know how you feel, my fingers move faster than my brain when I start typing.
When I worked tech support, people couldn't stand sitting near me as the clacking of my speed typing drove them nuts. XD Haha!