Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Website

I absolutely love to work on websites. I don't know why. My favorite free website to use is www.freewebs.com.

So I have built a website of my own. Temporary, mind you. Meaning that someday I wish to have a site built specifically to my tastes. Might be awhile. But in the meantime, I do have this one. I like it. I've added a Wiki widget to it, then discovered I would actually have to write information about myself to fill it. Eek!

Why is it, I can never write about myself? Do other authors have this same issue? I have no problem telling people about the world I created, the things I am writing; but I can't tell them about myself. Odd.

At any rate, here's the link to my website. www.mistress-of-fantasy.webs.com

I know, I can call myself "Mistress of Fantasy" but can't share a blessed thing about myself. I'm just strange that way I suppose.

Feel free to leave feedback, sign the guestbook, leave comments to the blog posts there. I'd love to hear from you all!

3 comments:

Annieye said...

It is difficult, but its something we have to get over if we want to be a published writer. It's a fact that readers want to know about authors' lives, but I think it's strange that so many authors 'reinvent' themselves to make their lives sound more interesting. I've noticed that some authors look nothing like their book jacket photos, either.

I'm not keen on lying about anything, really. If I'm lucky enough to get published I think I'll just tell it like it is and hope for the best, even though I'm just an ordinary mum of 3, granny of 2 and work at the local council!

Mel Chesley said...

I certainly do not want to reinvent myself. I'm happy with the way I am! I don't want to touch up my book jacket photo either. That's just too strange.
And you are right, I do have to get over it sooner or later. Thanks for the comment!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Yes, I am sorry to say, there's a certain amount of "getting over" that has to take place. When a reader really likes an author, they want to know more about them. And no reinventing necessary - readers like knowing that authors are just like them. It makes them feel more connected.