Friday, February 12, 2010

Gearing Up for the Weekend

So, I've laid aside my writing hat and have been transitioning to put my editing cap back on. It usually does take me a few days to clear my head, write my notes, tie up loose ends. I have actually been working on some artwork for my website. Once I get that posted, I'll share here.

Valentine's Day is Sunday. It also happens to be my wedding anniversary. This is our 7th anniversary. We've been together for ten years, though. It's nice, we still act like we're still dating. I have been blessed and am thankful for him since he also helps me with my writing. He won't take credit, though and so I've had to use the combination of our initials as my pseudonym. M. L. Chesley. It works.

The story I am going back to editing is something that came almost completely from his imagination. I just wrote it all down, added the artistic flair, that sort of thing. I'm going to polish this puppy up and hopefully start the submitting process while I go back to writing on my current story.

So what process do you take in your writing? Query first, rough draft and then editing? Or do you just write? Do you outline? Personally, I can't stick to outlines, let alone create them. I've always had trouble with those. Share your process, I'm curious to know what others do and think before they write!

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll see you next week!

No comments: